Keeps my Blog Alive

Sunday, July 5, 2015

How to Get OEC or Overseas Employment Certificate Online

My father went on a vacation here in the Philippines twice. He works as an Overseas Filipino Worker or OFW in Singapore. First was on December 2014 for his 1 month vacation every year. Second was on June 2014 to attend a very special event of my life. 

During his first vacation, he asked me a favor  to get a Balik-Manggawa form directly in the POEA office here in Cebu which is a bit of a hassle because he has to fill it up and wait in line to get his OEC. I went there after my work. I just asked the security guard where to get it. My father then went there personally to process it. On the second time that he came home, he told me to do it online. I didn't quiet understand the process so I searched about it online. 

I was routed to this website:  https://www.bmonline.ph/

Technically, the process is to register on that website and set an appointment. You still have to go to the POEA office that is nearest to you but you don't have to line up and wait for your turn. The people working in the POEA will just verify your registration and ask you to pay to the cashier. After the verification process, you will be given a printout for the instructions wherein you need to log back in to the website and print it there. 

1. You need to register on the website and make sure you use an active email address.

Register
2. Go to the website of your email service provider and log in. You will have to confirm the registration by clicking on the link.
 

Confirm the registration

3. You need to complete your profile by clicking Edit and Save. You also need to upload a picture. Please take note on the type of picture you can use.


This is what your Profile looks like after providing the information.

4. Set an appointment. In doing this, you will be asked on your expected flight schedule. After that is to select the nearest POEA office and select the date and time you prefer (there are limited slots). Don't forget to print the OFW Info Sheet and bring it there together with the important documents. 
Click NEXT STEP to have this.

5. Print OEC by going to My Transactions. 
OEC.

Just a friendly reminder, please check your email because you will receive confirmation emails once you have set an appointment with reminders what to bring and once the OEC is approved. 





No comments:

Post a Comment