Keeps my Blog Alive

Monday, June 29, 2015

Updating Your Philhealth's Civil Status

We just recently got married to my boyfriend of 4 years long this June 2015. A lot of our relatives and friends to witness our wedding vow. Now that I am officially husband and wife, it is time to update our civil status. 

First stop, Philhealth. 

I chose Philhealth first because I think this would be the easiest and fastest I can transact with other than any agencies. But before anything else, I need to prepare the needed requirements. 

Things to bring are the following: 
1. a photocopy of Marriage Certificate 
2. fully accomplished Philhealth Member Registration form 

Together with my husband, we then went to the nearest Philhealth office in our place. Since I am from the South of Cebu we went to CarCar City because there is one there and the good thing is that there's no much queue in there the last time we went. It is just a 30-minute drive from my place. 

We were greeted by the security guard who accomodated us and gave us the form we need. my husband was also there to actually pay his premium payments since he is a voluntary member. The security guard advised us to just have my husband's philhealth deactivated and have him added as my dependent. So he also handed us a Deactivation Letter wherein my husband needs to fill up. 

Here are the steps: 
1. I registered my name in the Log book.
2. Got my priority number. 
3. When my number was called, I gave the requirements to the personnel.
4. Received my latest Member Data Record (MDR) and Philhealth ID.

Everything happened so fast which is less than 5 minutes. My husband was so happy to see that I am already carrying his last name as my last name. We went hope happy since we also didn't have to pay for his philhealth anymore. We saved money at the same time. 

Good is really, really good!

But wait, there's more to go! I still have SSS, BIR, COMELEC, DFA and etc. to change my information with. 'Till next time bloggers! I hope this helps. 

- MRS. T 😀



No comments:

Post a Comment