Keeps my Blog Alive

Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Story of My Undispensed Cash

So it was Payday. At last I will enjoy my hard-earned money. I decided to withdraw money for 2 reasons. First, so that I can have it transferred to my savings account. Second, I don't have money left for my expenses. The ATM withdrawal happened during my lunch break last August 01, 2014 in JY Square, Lahug Cebu City using BDO's ATM since my payroll will be them. I was planning to withdraw P10,000.00. I made sure that money is already there by making a "Balance Inquiry". I actually brought my colleague with me. While she was waiting behind me, I told her that no money came out from the ATM machine. She advised me to do it again. One thing I have noticed from the very first time I tried to do it was i got an error message from the screen but it just happened I forgot the exact error message. 

I let it go. I don't want to waste my time on this and just went back to the office. I ate my lunch.. That was by the way exactly 12 AM since I work night shift. 

So I got off from work. I have then decided to try to withdraw again but from a different BDO ATM in Metro Gaisano, Colon, Cebu City. I did not bother to check the balance. I just went ahead and placed the same amount that I want to withdraw. Nothing came out still. I got worried and literally nervous that my heart was beating so fast. I can't even press the keys in the ATM. I then tried to check balance to see what's happening. My eyes can't believe what I saw. The amount that I have been trying to withdraw is not there anymore. I didn't know what to do. But I just can't stare at the ATM machine since there's already queue and decided to go home knowing that I still have an hour or more to reach my home. 

While riding a jeepney, I immediately texted my mom and boyfriend about the incident. I prayed to God that I would still be able to get it back. 

After almost an hour I was finally home. I did not know what to do. My mom advised me to go to the nearest BDO branch nearest to my area which is BDO Gaisano Minglanilla. I had to wait for them to open first since I arrived home 8 AM. But I was hesitant to go there because they might just ignore me. 

What I did was I called BDO Customer Support using our PLDT landline. I got lucky because it was answered very quickly. The customer presentative name was Romel I think. I informed him the reason I called. He was apologetic. He was nice, actually. He then educated me that they will have to investigate it for a maximum of 5 business days. My initial reaction was very surprised. I want to appeal to it since I really did not get the money. And I really need it. However, there is really nothing that I can do but to wait. I understand especially that I am also a customer representative myself. He gave me a CASE ID in reference to the report that he will be making. 

I waited. On the first business day which is also my first day of work I tried to check the balance using the BDO mobile app. It is still not there. I want to check it day after day because who know they will credit the money anytime soon without having me to wait until the 5th business day. 

I checked my ATM card on the 2nd business day. I was felt with gladness because at last when i checked the balance the money is already there. I didn't waiste my time. I then withdraw the money so I can use it. 

Lastly, I got a text regarding the money! Thank you BDO! That was an experience I will never forget! You really find WAYS! I am just hoping that things will be better with all ATM machines to avoid this from happening ever again. I was actually plannning to open a Savings Account before this happened but now I am having second thoughts. Anyways, the most important thing is I got my moolah back!




No comments:

Post a Comment